New speedos coming out soon

Energy One

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Yeah I have and always did... a black face with blue lights... it goes with my black bike too. I don't want a white face...

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I saw where FC posted on the other side that they would remain a black face but my dealer said they will be going back to the white face. I will find out on ! june as that's when I have to go back and have it installed.
I do like the black face better after having both.

Later,

Ray

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
My speedo is delayed again. Huge demand I guess. I'm now scheduled to get it on Friday. No problems here though cause it's raining and it's supposed to be clear on Friday.
Will post some pics as soon as it's home.
Later,
Ray

FatDog

New speedo on and seems to be working great. They did change the little black button. It seems to be made of a stiffer rubber and does'nt feel like it's going to come off when you push it.

You can also tell that there is a stiffer / thicker fluid inside them as well. They needle is alot smoother and does not jump around at high speeds either.

So far so good.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Does the bracket look different? Is it higher giving you more clearance on the tank?
Mine is chromed so guess I will have to have this one done cause it's a bitch getting in there to polish it!
Later,
Ray

I found someone that is going to let me just bring him the speedo so I don't have to let my bike sit at some dealership. He said bring the speedo in with the project number and he'll take care of it. We'll see

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Don't they also replace the pick up sensor?

If they do Al, let me know off "open forum" where and maybe I'll throw him the biz as well!

FatDog

Hey Ray,

I was told the speedo brackets are back ordered. I wasn't going to wait and the dealer thought, what the hell try a new speedo with the old mounting bracket and see what happens. istead of waiting who knows how long. So I have the new speedo with the original bracket. They said if I have any problems what so ever and they'll take care it and get another new speedo and bracket later.

So far, all is good.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Don't they also replace the pick up sensor?

If they do Al, let me know off "open forum" where and maybe I'll throw him the biz as well!
I've never had the sensor replaced with the seven speedo's I've gone through. Never had any problems with my 05. I did have it replaced on my 03 Mastiff once.
I haven't even checked mine since I got it. Might be a good idea to clean it before I get my new speedo just to be on the safe side.

Later,
Ray

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I had the speedo replaced once... but of coarse the dealer never checked and it was just the pick up sensor and not the speedo...

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
where is this sensor located and what is the best way to clean it?

Perhaps this belongs in the "How To" section.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
It's the little oblong piece you see on the right side of the tranny. It's just a motion sensor and you are supposed to pull it and clean the surface every now and then. One small bolt holds it on. Gas Man posted it somewhere. :cheers:
Later,
Ray

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
where is this sensor located and what is the best way to clean it?

Perhaps this belongs in the "How To" section.
Yeah I think I have posted these pics more than anything...

Here's a few of the sensor and what it will look like when you pull it out. Just clean off the end that was in the tranny.